Saturday, October 3, 2009

totally inspired

Kay...I was browsing some of my favourite blogs the other day and was totally inspired by what this cool chick has been working on lately. She has such amazing talent and completely blows my mind sometimes ... and NOW she is working on these awesome 6x12 inch layouts. Love it!!! Thanks, girl -- keep inspiring me. :)

So...of course, I had to get out the supplies this evening and try a few of my own. I love this size because a 4x6 inch photo fits exactly across the whole layout -- and, for the longest time, that's basically all I have been printing. It makes printing so easy and deciding on what sizes to print even easier!!!

I've done 3 layouts so far and I know I will be working on some more this coming week. I'm even thinking of creating a 6x12 homemade album of our Florida trip (2007!!!). yikes!!! That would be a great project to complete at an upcoming crop I'm attending in Nov.


Here are some little things I did on each layout to give them a little *pop*.

"some sweet mommy kisses":
1. I used some of my odds & sods letter stickers up and mixed 'em up in the title. love the look.
2. I stitched the stem of my flower with my sewing machine -- just some zig zags and some straight stitching.

"e -- love you":
1. I used my brand new!!!!!! Close To My Heart acrylic stamp set (Treasures) and first stamped 2 images in Blush ink; then I used the *new Cocoa embossing powder on the 3rd image of the dandelion.
2. I stitched some ribbon onto the layout that was just laying on my desk. Using Kraft as a cardstock background gives you tons of options to add any colour you wish to your layout (the brighter the better) -- the photo here was pretty neutral as well, so really, anything worked. Rules??!? You said there were rules??!?

"my favorite 3":
1. This time I used a very bold pattern paper as the background -- love the graphic look.
2. I stamped on the edge of my photo to frame it.
3. Butterfly is by jenni bowlin {love her!!!!} - sanded, inked & stamped with StazOn black.
4. Vinyl butterfly is by CutYourWay.

So....what r u w8ing 4?? Go get your supplies and start creating some 6x12 layouts.


enjoy your day {from the farm},

j.

1 comment:

  1. hey you tried it! this is a fun size isn't it? I actually am really enjoying it. Have you tried them horizontal yet? that is a little different too.my fave is the sweet mommy kisses.

    the best part is that they actually make page protectors this size, so if you do create a mini album this size you can keep it forever.:)

    ReplyDelete