Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!! This past weekend, my family spent a wonderful {cold} time at a beautiful B&B in the smalltown that I grew up in. This has been a tradition of our's for the past four years and I have a feeling that we will continue this tradition for many, many years to come. My family consists of my two parents, my two sisters with their husbands, Ron & I, 4 grandsons & 4 granddaughters for my parents. This retreat is the perfect place for rest, relaxation, eating, crafting, sleeping, eating, hot-tubbing, games, hiking, eating & more.

Every year, "the girls" {my daughter, Daria included} bring a craft to do on the Saturday afternoon -- used to be while the kids were napping; but now it's while they run around. This year, I brought some pre-drilled Dominoes to create beautiful Alcohol Inked necklaces. I think it was a big hit, as we left only 4 Dominoes in the bottom of the container uninked. The photo above is the result of just a few hours of crafting & laughing together in the afternoon. Lots of messy inking, but a beautiful result.


I was also privilaged enough to have siblings that could grab my camera once in a while and snap a few precious photos with me in them. I love this one of Dare & me; just hanging out on the porch. I am sooooo lucky that my 11 year old is so cool with me lovin' her this much -- and in public!!!! I love that she is so helpful with her siblings & younger cousins. I'm thankful that she is so crafty and lOVES to be included in "the girls' afternoon" with us. I will cherish this photo forever.

Also lOVE this photo of me with my mom & my sisters. This is a photo I have wanted for a while now and we just never have the time to snap one. Well, this weekend Ron took a whole collection of them. Thanks, babe.

The kids spent a ton of time in the outdoor hot tub again this year. They had so much fun just hanging out in there, "practicing their swimming" (the little ones) and running in the snow around the deck with their suits on (the older ones). What a blast!!!!








Thanks to my parents for giving us such a lasting & precious memory to share together as a Family. We love you so much & are so incredibly BLESSED to have all of you.
blessings to all {from the farm},
j.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for not including the pic of my "Wii-talent". Ha Ha! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I would NEVER do that -- I'm saving it for a Featured LO {lol}!!!!!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures, you look like you had an awesome time with your family!

    Can you share how you did the necklaces. That looks like a great thing to do with my daughter. How did you drill the holes in the dominos, did you do anything to them first? ie: sand or bleach or rubbing alcohol. What did you put on them after to seal them? What did you put on the sides? I LOVE this look and have been searching the internet but would love to know how you did them.

    Thanks
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey -
    I'll post a complete tutorial on them very soon. I've been emailed that exact question several times now. Didn't think they would be so popular {lol}. I'll create another one this weekend and take some photos. Keep watching in the next week or so.
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jill

    They will make perfect gifts for Christmas!!

    Have a great week

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sunshine! LOVE your post... would also LOVE to see how you do the necklaces!!! When are you and your daughter going to get together with me and my daughter for a seriously fun weekend of crafting and laughing??????? Must do it soon :)
    Allison

    ReplyDelete