Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Cards

Card #3: Happy Birthday



For this card, I used blue & yellow Alcohol Ink colours. It's very bad that I don't have the exact colour names on me but, like I said yesterday, I borrowed them from Heather and I gave them back already. ooops!! Anyway, the two stamps I used are a very cool written background stamp (in blue StazOn) and a pretty tree and bird stamp over top (in black StazOn). I actually covered up the bird part of the stamp with the raised foam & felt embellishment because the image kind-of smeared when I stamped it. ooops, again!!!! But, like I stand by, "Mistakes make for Creative Possibilities". I stamped the "happy" part of the title with ki memories letter stamps & CTMH Breeze ink. I then hand-wrote the "birthday" part with a black journaling marker.


Almost forgot: I used my Marvy Paper Trimmer {the scalloped edge} to give some funk to the top edges of all the cards.


Card #4: Thankful




This card is one of my favourites for two reasons: 1. the stamped image worked out really well; 2. this pretty new butterfly that I found in the fabric department at Walmart.


Alcohol Inks used are in the green & tan hues. The stamped image is framed in gold Krylon pen. I added some ribbon trim to the side of the card. One of the ribbons is actually backwards because it was a little over-powering for the image. I created a loop with the ribbon at the top of the card and stapled the edge over. I then added another little piece of ribbon with some colour to the side as well. Nothing Rocket-Science; just some ribbon that was laying on my desk. I love the little butterfly that adds some dimension to this card. Butterflies are so "in" right now. A nice, quick "Thank You" card.


Tune in tomorrow for the last 2 cards.


smiles {from the farm},

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment