Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Celebrating with Cards

So, I promised you some more details about those Alcohol Inked cards that I created last week.

Card #1: Hello



This card was created using the light shades in the Alcohol Ink collection. I actually do not own them; my dear sister-in-law borrowed them to me for some projects. This daisy motive is actually the sample that she first taught me at her house one evening.

Sidebar: If you want to talk "Queen-of-Stamping" -- she's it; Heather Hildebrand. I definitely want to feature some of her & her creations on here one of these days. She is amazingly talented and definitely knows her way around an ink pad & set of stamps {and, of course, all the little extras that give things glimmer & shine}!!!!!

Anyway......I used glossy accents paper, alcohol inks (by Ranger) & StazOn black ink. Because this stamp has A LOT of negative space, I had to put a piece of fun foam under the paper to get a good impression. I framed all the Alcohol Ink images with a silver or gold Krylon paint pen, that you can purchase at any Canadian Tire store. Mat in turquoise cardstock, add some funky lace cardstock, a popped up MM embelly & some letter stickers........et Voila!!! A great little "hello" card to give to a friend.

Card #2: "Hoppy Easter"


For this card, I used Alcohol Inks in more red & pink hues, with a touch of Sandstone. The image is framed in gold Krylon pen and pop-dotted onto the front of the card. I love the little stamp on this one. The back strip of {what you think is pp} on the front is actually this really funky & edgy decorative packing tape {that I always use!!!!!} from this company. Love them!!!!!! I think I have every colour, but not every style........yet!!!!
I used the MM Word Fetti II: Garden Party to create all the titles on this card. Love these little sticker words. :) Some staples & doodling to seal the deal ........ and it's complete.

Stayed tuned for cards 3 & 4 tomorrow.

later {from the farm},

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment