Wednesday, March 10, 2010

a misty challenge

I've been into some online product challenges lately. every tried these? they get me thinking 3 things:
1. they really stretch my mind when it comes to using specific products on a layout.
2. they make me realize that i need to stock up more on some of my frequently used stash of products (a.k.a. Ki Memories embellishments).
3. they make me want to totally organize my paper and embellishments by company name and that is so insanely ridiculous, but it would be so cool to have a space THAT organized!!!!!

Ki Memories (one of my fave companies -- love their paper, love their embellishments AND LOVE jamie waters!!!!) ....... anyway ...... they are having a challenge on right now to use your mist to create a project. You can use mist on the background, on embellishments or on a mask. really, whatever you can mist; you name it.

So... i got my embarrassing stash of Glimmer Mists (really -- i need more) and started "misting". Now, i must admit, i am not a huge user of "the mists" and it's probably b/c i don't have the right colours to use on any of my projects. i think the colours i have left on my desk on more subtle and maybe used for a more vintage look. And does jill do vintage? Uhhhh....wrong?!? believe me; i've tried. but everything i try to "age -- weather -- make vintage" ends up looking a little more whimsical b/c i am soooooo drawn to bolder colours and a little of that extra kick that, obviously, gives a more playful look. blah blah blah. wow -- so i need to stock up. would make me use it more, for sure.

Here is the finished layout that i created tonight:
our beach


I ended up using Glimmer Mist on almost all the flowers around the photo. I sprayed them with Sage, Patina & Copper. Most of the flowers are paper flowers, but I did spray some Sage onto a crocheted flower (Close To My Heart). Of course, it took the mist beautifully and gave the very plain white fabric some colour. I added lots of dimension to the layout with several pop-dots. Ki Memories products used: Pattern Paper - Pop Culture (coloring book); Bloom (parasol); Surprise Hoopla; Love Elsie (blue clouds); Lace Cardstock (boquet white); Sheer Delights.

hope you enjoyed.
try some misting tonight..... and get out those fabulous Ki Memories products.

{from the farm},
j.

No comments:

Post a Comment