Monday, September 14, 2009

My Little {school} Angel


Well........she's off on her own this morning.

Asha was soooooo excited this morning when she woke up -- it's her very first day of Kindergarten. Carter & Daria were pretty pumped for her as well, as they were both "discussing" who Asha would be sitting with on the bus. They came up with: Daria on the way to school; Carter on the way home. Great compromise.

Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast, 1/2 a mug of hot chocolate {to get her sugared up for the teacher, of course}, her lunch packed with orange slices, grapes, pudding & pepperoni slices, her hair combed, clothes on, new "outside" runners on, & teeth brushed ("in the morning"??). She was all set to go on the 40 minute bus ride to school.

After the kids got on the bus, I looked around and could only see Kayna, our puppy, sitting there staring at me. So, I got the camera out again and snapped some great photos of her. Is this what it's come to? I have to take photo shoots of my DOG now? {lol}.

So.......the house is pretty quiet today. I kept busy during the morning going for a walk, downloading my photos, answering emails, having a shower, running my brother-in-law out to the field & getting supper prepared in the slow-cooker. I fed 4 men at lunch time -- that comes with the harvest season -- and have already chatted with a friend from Alberta who has 3 in school and 2 still at home.

Hopefully, this afternoon we will be combining in the fields. Bright & sunny here, FINALLY!!!

Can't wait to see the kids off the bus & listen to EVERYTHING that happened on Asha's first day of school -- that is, if I don't have to crawl on the bus myself to pick up my tired, sleeping little angel.

Here's some more of my faves from this morning:


{from the farm},
j.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting for the bus at our house, too.
    Looking forward to his version of the day.
    Can't wait to see your LOs of school.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete