Monday, December 21, 2009

Blesssings ...

... and wishes to everyone this holiday season.

Wanted to share the layout I created using the Chrismas card our family sent out this year. The story behind this photo is not necessarily pretty:

miserable, cold day + kids right off the bus + tired kids & hubby + rowdy dog, not wanting to sit still + a wife & mother with a mission to get a good photo = a family photo with fake smiles, a tight grip on Kayna & a great memory and story.

journalling: "This is our first attempt to get Kayna in a family photo. Our little secret? Not everyone is happy in this photo."

To create some dimension on my chipboard tree (Maya Road), I first painted the tree with MM green paint. When the paint was still wet, I pressed my word stamp into the paint -- no ink on the stamp; just dry & clean. When the paint on the tree was completely dry, I brushed a small Colorbox pigment brush pad (raven black) over the embossed words to make them slightly more visible in places. I then heat embossed a few snowflake stamps onto the tree in a variety of sizes and shapes (stamp - CTMH "Snow Flurries"; embossing powder - American Crafts ZING! - "powder"). To finish the tree, I added some cardstock strips (Bazzill), a chipboard star (AC) and some Christmas sticker embellishments (BG).
To add some finishing touches to the page, I dotted the edges of the cardstock background (FP Kraft Kutz) with Ranger Stickles -- Lime Green, Xmas Red & Turquoise. I had to let it dry for a few hours.
To mat my Christmas card photo, I used the packaging from a Prima Floral that I purchased for another layout.

May you all enjoy the Spirit of Christmas and find the true meaning in everything you see, hear & touch this Christmas Season!!!
blessings {from the farm},
j.

1 comment:

  1. hello there beautiful! I love the true stories behind family photos! I have so many similar. lol. anyways, we received your card, love it, but you won't get mine till after Christmas. I had trouble with my disk from the photographer and she is in North Carolina for 2 weeks, so I think mine should arrive before Valentine's lol.
    Love the layout, it rocks. Hugs to your beautiful family!!!!!
    oh and I love your new profile pic, it is soooo you!

    ReplyDelete